General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation, which entered into force on 25 May 2018, harmonizes European law on the protection of personal data of customers and users.
Within Tea&Cie, the recipients of your personal data are the after-sales service, the communication and webmarketing department as well as the IT department and the only providers authorised to process your data in the event of an explicit contract with them and our company.
Tea&Cie formally agrees not to disclose or sell your personal data to third-party partners.
Your data will be kept for 3 years from the last contact between Tea&Cie and you. However, the data may be retained and archived for a longer period in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Tea&Cie makes its best efforts to take all measures to ensure the protection, confidentiality and security of the personal data transmitted to it, in compliance with the applicable legal provisions.
The personal data of Customers may be collected for the following purposes:
- the management of orders and relations with Customers;
- informing Customers of offers and commercial information relating to the trademark;
- strengthening and improving the communication of the Website and the brand by sending, in particular, newsletters and special offers;
- the improvement and personalisation of the services offered to Customers;
- targeted advertising;
- participation in a competition.
Subscribe to our newsletter/ Your rights
Tea&Cie complies with the rules laid down by Directive 2002/58/EC of 12 July 2002 which provides for the express prior collection of the User’s consent for the sending of commercial prospecting by electronic means with the support of emailing or SMS.
When the Customer creates their account on www.teacie.com, we expressly request your consent:
- to receive offers from Tea&Cie by email;
Tea&Cie will never send you any personalized requests by email or sms if you have not consented.
In all cases, the customer and user will always be able to object to the receipt of requests by performing the following actions:
- Uncheck the "Receive our newsletter" check box in the "Personal information" section of his customer account;
- By clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each email;
- By contacting customer service.
Payment module and data security
To ensure payment security, www.teacie.com uses the secure payment service STRIPE. This service incorporates the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security standard. Confidential data (the 16-digit credit card number, expiry date and cryptogram) is transmitted directly to the STRIPE servers in encrypted form without passing through the physical media of the Tea&Cie servers.
In no way does Tea&Cie receive, record or retain any information about your banking information.
How long is your data stored?
In order to determine the appropriate retention periods, Tea&Cie distinguishes between prospects and customers.
The personal data of the prospects are kept for a period of three (3) years from the last positive and explicit contact from the prospect.
The personal data of the customers are kept as soon as they are necessary for the purpose pursued. They are deleted when the customer exercises his right to be deleted and forgotten.
The contractual data are kept and archived for the period necessary for the contractual obligations (guarantee, compliance, etc.) as well as legal, accounting and tax obligations and/or for the periods of applicable requirements.
If you have consented to receive commercial prospecting, we will retain your personal data until you unsubscribe or until you ask us to delete it.
Furthermore, any person may define directives relating to the management of his or her personal data and their retention, erasure and communication after his or her death. In the absence of specific instructions transmitted during their lifetime by the deceased, the heirs will be able to exercise only the rights of suppression and oblivion.
In accordance with the current Regulations on the protection of personal data, you can:
- Access all your data (subject to certain restrictions),
- Rectify, update your data, if it is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated
- Request the portability of your data,
- Oppose the processing of your data,
- Request the deletion of your data. This is not an absolute right, insofar as we may be obliged to keep your personal data for legal, legitimate or contractual reasons,
- Request a limitation of the processing we perform on your data.
How to exercise your rights?
You may exercise your rights as described above at any time by sending us your request to email@example.com or by contacting you directly in store at 7 rue de St Tropez 56000 VANNES.
We may verify your identity before processing your request.
A confirmation will be sent to you within a maximum of two months from the date of receipt of your request.
There is also an unsubscribe link on every email or sms sent by Tea&Cie.
Finally, you can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Our data protection policy may be modified at any time. We invite you to consult it regularly to be kept informed of any changes.